Social Services

The threat of care proceedings is one of a parent’s worst nightmares. We have specialist lawyers, experienced in dealing with cases where Social Services have taken a child into care, or are threatening to do so.

We can help and support parents (and grandparents) who are in this desperate situation. We can ensure that everything possible is done to present the your case effectively, whether in Court proceedings or in meetings with social workers.

Special Guardianship

If you are putting yourself forward as a child’s carer, in place of a parent, then the Court can make a Special Guardianship Order. This might be a grandparent or an aunt or uncle. Our specialist lawyers can advise you whether this might be appropriate in your situation, and represent you in Court.


If you want help on adoption, then we can guide you through the legal processes involved in adopting a child.

Call Paul WatersClare Sorrell or Maria Taylor on 0161 480 5229

Get in Touch

Ayres Waters
5 St Petersgate,
Telephone     0161 480 5229
Fax     0161 476 2549